Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Resolution

Its that time of year again. Christmas cheer in the air and everyone getting ready for their New Years eve party. I truly love this holiday spirit and it gives me great joy to see families getting together and celebrating. It reminds me of the movie 'Love Actually'. The world has a lot of love going around. The most influential teacher I had in college, Dr. Cernic said, "Each person is born with an infinite capacity to love".

I have decided to meditate in complete silence to bring in year 2006. If I have to achieve the goals I've set out, I need to get geared up.. and I don't think drinking till I drop is going to get me all renewed and resolved. The mind needs to remain calm and be free from the material burdens of this world. I will sit in silence and concentrate on my breathing, reciting the goals I've set for myself in my head. Nothing would get me more joy than looking inwards and finding the strength to shine.

My resolution for 2006 is to always put things into perspective. I will not let my struggles get me down, because I am such a small part of the universe. Are my problems really that big in the scheme of things? I'll always have stuff to deal with. So what because I will resolve to find the resources to help me. I will look at the big picture and feel good about myself. I will continue to laugh at my self and not have a care about what the world thinks of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home